Participation $ Rewards + Points
- We pay you to play OSC tournaments!
- $1000 USD for NA/L.Am Players in 2017
- $1200 AUD for ANZ/SEA Players in 2017
- $850 USD for EU+KR Players in 2017
- Doesn’t matter what league, Bronze – Grand Master, it’s all about getting involved and playing the game! You don’t even have to win. We know who our top players are, we run tournaments to see who is the best on the day/month/year, but what we really want to know is, who is the most dedicated?
- For each tournament a SEA or NA player participates in during the 2016 season, they earn a bonus 2.5 OSC Points. These participation points will be used to determine end of season prize winners.
- This small ‘home ground advantage’ helps compensate for the international interest some of our events are attracting.
Player of the Month + Rising Star
- $1500 AUD a year in bonuses
- Each month the OSC team will vote on who we believe had stand out or breakthrough performances in OSC events
- $75 will be awarded to the Player of the Month, and $50 to a Rising Star ($’s in Aud). *This is our starting value for the competition, it may increase
- To be eligible you must be a citizen or permanent resident of ANZ, SEA, NA, L.Am or China. More money invested into our target regions! $1200 a year.
- Players who have qualified for WCS Premier League more than once in the past, or qualify more than once for the equivalent in the new format are ineligible for the Rising Star.
- Player of the Month can be won multiple times, but the Rising Star can only be won once!
- We have a bounty system, where if you defeat a player who has an active bounty on them in a Bo3+ Series in any partnered tournament, you can claim the $’s/reward! (Walkover don’t count.)
- Bounties can only be claimed by Oceanic, SEA, Chinese, Taiwanese, North American and Latin American citizens/permanent residents.
- Bounties can only be claimed on the target once per person. No repeat bounties. Claimed Bounties remains active for all other eligible players.
- Some players are ineligible for certain bounties if they have a record of defeating that person once or more in tournaments recent times.
- The player with the bounty on them must have played their main race throughout the series. (No off racing bounties)
- $6950 worth of bounties have been claimed thus far!
Scalp Points for defeating high performing players
- All players regardless of region, will now get 10% of the bounty value in points (eg 10% of a $50 Bounty = 5 bonus points), if that player is higher than them in the current OSC Rankings.10% of 25 = 2.5, 10% of 50 = 5Values must be in increments of 2.5, thus a bounty of $15 will be rounded up to $2.5, $30 down to 2.5, $40 up to 5, and 60 down to 5Bounties can still only be won by players who meet existing eligibility. (NA, SEA, CH, L.AM, TW).
Earn points for your team/clan in our $5000+ Team Championship
Teams will be awarded Rankings Points at the end of every month based upon where a player is placed within the OSC World Rankings.
51- 75th 4
+Players will earn 0.25 participation points for every OSC Partnered tournament they’ve competed in.
Monthly points are locked at Midnight KST on the final day of the month, where points are then finalized for the month. During the month, rankings are fluid, and can change with every tournament!
OSC Challenge Matches
- Players can challenge each other to show matches and put their points on the line. Minimum points a challenge must start at is 15 each, Max 100* (*Max can be extended towards the end of the season (200). Series must be either Bo5 or Bo7. Winner takes all!
- Challenge Matches are a way to earn OSC Points, settle rivalries, get revenge on the guy who knocked you out of a recent tourney, is bm on ladder/forums, etc. It also presents a new way to leapfrog someone up the ranks, earn yourself more points by taking away an opponents, scoring those vital points which count towards the current seasons rankings, and the finals qualification. You pick the reason to call a challenge, if you need one, regardless, the goal is to take your rivals points! So send out a challenge!
- If you’re interested in participating in a OSC challenge, you may select any player from the current OSC rankings with 15+ points. However, please note, the challenges must be somewhat balanced, eg a GPD player won’t be able to challenge a top GM. The idea is to verse a rival/peer, so that person should be somewhat close in skill/league proximity to yourself. This also acts to prevent any OSC point ‘donations’/giving points away cheaply.
- No challenge matches between teammates.
- To setup a challenge, contact your rival, set a bet total, eg 20 points each, and arrange a showmatch! Contact Ascarecrow or one of the OSC Managers to see if your match is eligible, and confirm again once all is sorted.
- You can turn down any challenge with no repercussion/change to your season points. However no guts, no glory!
- We will donate bonus 15 points to winner of any best of 5 streamed match, and 25 points towards any best of 7 streamed match.